- 1 In Hurry? Check Our Top Pick
- 2 Use of Reverb Pedals:
- 3 What is Spring Reverb Pedal?
- 4 Things to Consider Before Buying Spring Pedal:
- 5 Top 10 Spring Reverb Pedals in 2019
- 5.1 Number 01: Catalinbread Topanga
- 5.2 Number 02: Subdecay Super Spring Theory
- 5.3 Number 03: Mojo Hand FX Dewdrop Reverb
- 5.4 Number 04: J Rockett Audio Designs Boing Spring Reverb
- 5.5 Number 05: JHS Pedals Spring Tank Reverb
- 5.6 Number 06: Wampler Mini Faux Spring Reverb
- 5.7 Number 07: Carl Martin Headroom Spring Reverb
- 5.8 Number 08: Danelectro DSR-1 Spring King Reverb
- 5.9 Number 09: Demeter Reverbulator RRP1
- 5.10 Number 10: Boss Fender ’63 Spring Reverb
- 6 Final Verdict:
In Hurry? Check Our Top Pick
People in past use to Best Spring Reverb Pedal. Reverb is the most effective and best instrument in guitar. Guitarists have been using this from 1950s. in start there was not digital and smart reverbs. These were huge and kept in a room or basement from where these were operated a microphone pick up the results and this was mixed with original signals and sound was produced. Now it is Advance technology’s era where you can get really small size reverb pedals.
Top most guitar bands in 60s used the best spring reverb pedal. These huge reverb pedals with the time the size of this was reduced. Now it can be found in both analog and digital reverb pedals.
To help you in choosing the right one here are some details about it.
Use of Reverb Pedals:
Reverb is the most used effect in music specially guitars drums and other musical instruments to add specific ambience and recreate sound of a space. This effect adds depths and fullness to the sound of musicians and instruments. This is the reason why you like your sound of singing in shower.
What is Spring Reverb Pedal?
There are two main types of Spring Reverb Pedal;
- Analogue reverb pedal
- Digital reverb pedals
Analogue Reverb Pedal is created using real mechanical equipment while digital reverb pedal is produced electronically.
An electric guitar signal is sent to magnets and transducers passes along the spring and it produce vibrations creating their sound. This signal is then mixed back with the original dry signal and, hey presto, reverb! Which cause to produce different kind of sounds you hear.
Spring Reverb was design to produce natural spaces but they have unmistakable sounds. The Words used to describe the sound are Squashy, springy, boingy, and even splashy.
Things to Consider Before Buying Spring Pedal:
There are some points which you should consider before buying the spring reverb pedal. We have listed all the points below to guide you about buying a reverb pedal.
If you are going to invest your money to buy amp then first choice should be type of pedal you want to buy.
- Analogue Reverb Pedal
- Digital Reverb Pedal
This is mandatory to mention there that there are some analogue reverb pedals which are without spring. Because they retain the natural tone but the effect is purely digital. We are referring the pedal with spring as “analogue” and all other as “digital”. There is almost no difference between analogue and digital reverb pedal according to most people.
Quality of Best Reverb pedals is another thing you should keep in mind. There are two main factor for checking quality of a reverb pedal.
- Sound Quality: It should have good reverb effect sound and dry signal should not be affected.
- Build Quality: Also Check If Build Quality is good and it can last for years.
Size and Simplicity:
Check the simple and easy to use according to you. If you can remember settings of a complex reverb, then no worries you can buy any of them. The Size should also be a part of discussion as you should choose according to space you have for pedalboard.
Top 10 Spring Reverb Pedals in 2019
Spring Reverb Pedals become popular when they were made and released. These are still popular and widely used pedals for musicians. Guitarists love it.
Our team have worked hard and found following reverb pedals as the best springs pedals in modern era.
Number 01: Catalinbread Topanga
It is our favorite of all the time. It was originally designed to emulate Fender’s Original 5G15. At higher decay setting most of the spring pedals become less believable. But this Topanga has SPV-1 Chip which delivers best spring for sound.
It is brilliantly build unit with the familiar tone mix and dewell knobs found on the real unit. With a hidden mode that adds subtle modulation/ chorus type sound and cool retro surf style finish. Taponga is the best, simple, portable, flexibility and valued.
- Pedal that work like real deal.
- Has the DEWELL Knob which control signals.
- Has TONE Knob which control amount of high end.
- MIX knob extends beyond the original reverb tank.
- 100 percent wet.
- Emulation like Original Fender sound.
- Excellent range.
- Spring Reverb Effects.
- Great build Quality
- Cool retro surf styling.
- Hidden Mod Mode is tricky.
- Cannot be placed with amp’s effective loop.
- Mono Output only
- No Sterio Output in this pedal
This Product have rating of 4.9 Out of 5. This rating is based on 78 Reviews from different users and professional guitarists.
Number 02: Subdecay Super Spring Theory
This Reverb pedal is one of our choice in spring reverb pedals. It is same like above one recreation of Fender and made of same chip and this does its job decently and produces amazing sounds. Offers more reverb options and controls. It has separate controller for wet and dry signals.
There is complexity between above and this one. We prefer above one over this one but Subdecay Super Spring Theory has great sounding spring reverb with more room to shape sound perfectly.
- Spring tank and Bonus Room Reverb modes
- Decay controls to dampen or expand reverb
- All analog signal path
- Trails open when bypassed
- Separate controls for reverb and dry signal levels
- Great Sounds
- Vintage, Wet and surfy sounds
- 2 Modes
- True Bypass with trails
- Analog clean single path
- Complex to operate than other reverb pedals
This product has rating of 4.6 out of 5. This rating is based on reviews from 143 Guitarists and our Expert Team. Also Approved by guitarists.
Number 03: Mojo Hand FX Dewdrop Reverb
This one is fantastic reverb balancing, versatile and usable. It has 3 standard knobs and can provide a wide range of reverb. This Spring Pedal works like charm. It is carefully voiced to give its users 100% usable spring reverb ranging from subtle and damp to full on ambient wetness.
- MIX – Set low to stay shallow, crank for full soak
- DWELL – Add in your desired level of ‘atmosphere’
- TONE – Cut back for warmth, up for sparkle
- Uses 9V battery or Power supply
- True Bypass
- Awesome 50s Sounds
- Surf and Rockabilly sounds
- Simple to use
- 3 knobs operations
- Good range of reverb
- Analog direct signals
- Build with high quality material
- Don’t give true recreation of classic fender verb
- Slightly limited in knobs
- A little bigger
- PSU not supplied
On the base of 31 Reviews by our specialist and guitarists this reverb pedal is given rating of 4.4 out of 5.
Number 04: J Rockett Audio Designs Boing Spring Reverb
It is especially simple design and really easy to use. This is one knob recreation of classic fender deluxe reverb. Boing from J Rockett Audio sound are of high quality and ideal if you don’t want to be dialing in different reverb very often.
Some people noted that this reverb is little noisy, which is obviously not good option in playing it live.
- Developed with live club in mind
- Part of TOUR Series Created
- Simple in design and easy to use
- Specifically designed to cut through the mix and give your sound atmosphere
- A simple and one knob reverb
- Uses 9V battery or power supply
- This reverb is well tuned and flexible
- Brilliant sound quality
- Well balanced dry and wet signals
- Nice, compact and easy to use
- Slightly noisy
- Too simple
- Lack real controls
This Boing from J Rockett Audio reverb has rating of 3.9 out of 5. This rating is from 81 Different specialist and guitarists.
Number 05: JHS Pedals Spring Tank Reverb
JHS Pedal can be differentiated from others as The Spring Tank Reverb from JHS Pedals are versatile with some cool new features and additions. This Reverb Pedal has two controllable reverb channels so you can easily switch between two of these. It also has a FX loop in the Jack which enables it to add additional effects to web signals only.
Its reverb quality just wasn’t fairly up to the same ordinary as the Super Spring Theory, but if you need two channels, or like to experiment then maybe this will cut your wish.
- Offers an arsenal of settings to tweak
- Useable and simple to use
- Perfect spring reverb with controls
- Switchable reverb mixes
- The Boost control helps regain any perceived volume loss from the reverb
- An effects loop allows you to put any effect on the reverb tails only
- Tone tweaking with lots of knobs
- Has two channels which are easily switchable
- Effect loop jack for adding extra effects
- Easy to use
- This reverb pedal lacks a classic “drip” quality
This product has rating of 4 out of 5. This rating is by professionals and guitarists.
Number 06: Wampler Mini Faux Spring Reverb
Brian Wampler is famous for making best reverb pedals. Wampler Mini Faux Spring Reverb is not different from the other tools which users want. This is doing perfect job in emulating the sounds.
Brian decided to make some changes in his Fuax Spring Pedal. He kept all the previous features and listened to the customers and added drippiness people want. Also some features people requested for.
- A reimagining of our original Faux Spring Reverb
- Small in size
- It features more decay, more drippiness
- Bouncy spring tone players love
- Easy to navigate control
- Fits wonderfully on even the most cramped pedalboards
- Analog dry signals
- Small form Factor
- Features of Many amazing and expensive pedals
- Don’t sound that good as expensive and good reverb pedals
This product has rating of 3.8 out of 5 based on 167 reviews from the specialists and guitarists. This pedal is also recommended by the professional guitarists.
Number 07: Carl Martin Headroom Spring Reverb
For the people want real spring sound but cannot buy the real Fender Unit. Carl Martin Headroom reverb pedal is there for them. This is cheap and perfect for those people.
This Pedal contains a real 3-spring Accutronics tank, it’s much bigger than the digital pedals we’ve reviewed so it may be a little less pedalboard-friendly. It also lacks classic drip sounds. Reverb is good, simple, easy to use and offers two different channels you can dial separately.
- Real spring reverb
- Has two channels tweakable
- Tone and level controls
- Double mounted springs to minimize stage feedback
- Solid metal casing
- Vintage style knobs
- Real spring tank
- Simple to use
- Build with high quality material
- Two independently controlled channels
- Lacks the real drip
- Design is not quit good
It has rating of 3.2 out of 5. This rating is based on the reviews by our specialists and professional guitarists.
Number 08: Danelectro DSR-1 Spring King Reverb
Danelectro DSR-1 Spring King Reverb is relatively large unit. This product has same real spring tank inside that’s why it is large in size. Sounds great with all knobs cranked up to 11 for surf and even East Bay Ray tones. Some velcro on back and in/out labels added, otherwise immaculate. Original box and paperwork included.
- Thick and large spring reverb
- Deliver just the right sound
- A kick pad to give effects
- 9 V battery or power supply
- Simple to operate
- Sound is of great quality
- Unique kick plate
- Thunderstorm effects
- Cheapest real spring pedal
- Little acoustic insulation so its prone to feedback from nearby amps and equipment
- Only one channel
- Just not up to the same build quality as the other pedals in this review
This product has rating of 3.1 out of 5. Our rating is based on the reviews by professionals.
Number 09: Demeter Reverbulator RRP1
This is our Top Pick for You. Like other reverb pedals this one is also a spring reverb pedal. This reverb is derived from one of their rackmount units. Demeter Reverbulator RRP1 is a real spring reverb pedal. It is cleared by the price that we have this in our top of list. We have also asked professionals to review this reverb they just recommended it without hesitation.
- Boutique spring-tank
- 5 different controls
- Spring: Long/Short/Both
- Spring Select: Selects either long, short or both spring tanks.
- You can use at line level
- This pedal is beyond simple pedals
- It is bit costly
This product has rating of 5 out of 5. Everyone recommended this reverb pedal. As this is the best spring reverb pedal in the market.
Number 10: Boss Fender ’63 Spring Reverb
Everyone knows that Fender KNOWS reverb. And their ’63 Spring Reverb is about as typical as it gets. And so the tone-lovers at BOSS, realizing the classic-ness of this ’63 Fender goodie. Well, they used their COSM technology to model it. We love it and so will you. Use the three classic controls — Dwell, Tone, and Mix — to slide your tone from all-out buttery warmth to sparkling Fender twang. It’s versatile.
- Re-creates the fabulous sound of the 1963 Fender Spring Reverb via COSM technology
- Easy procedure with 3 classic controls
- Dwell, Tone, and Mix for creating sounds
- Cool, retro appearance
- Road-tough BOSS metal construction
- Made of solid material
- Uses 9V adapter
- 2nd best in the list
- Cool appearance
- It is bit costly
This product has rating of 4.9 out of 5. Guitarists said this one is the 2nd best after Demeter Reverbulator RRP1 and recommended.
When spring reverb pedals are added, something serious happens. That is the reason why you have to be careful while adding any kind of reverb to your music.
We have reviewed the list of spring reverbs which can really help you get the sound you want to hear from your instrument. In our point of view Demeter Reverbulator RRP1 is the best one and you should go for it if you really love and care about the sound.